Room In The Inn
Since 1986, local congregations have opened their doors during the winter months to welcome our neighbors who are experiencing homelessness with food, fellowship, a safe environment, and a warm place to sleep. This important ministry is called Room In The Inn, and Westminster needs as many people to sign up for it as possible!
This year we are hosting Room In The Inn downstairs in the Goodpasture area every Wednesday night from November 2018 through March 2019. We have many volunteer opportunities available, and you can sign up for as many as you would like! Please note that signing up to volunteer on November 21, December 26, January 2, and any time during the month of March, will give you mega brownie points.
How can you help?
- To be an overnight host/hostess, please click here.
- During the Weeks of November 4 and February 3, we will be providing transportation to and from Vine Street Church. We will need volunteers to drive the Westminster bus. To be a Vine Street driver, please click here.
- To provide breakfast and lunch, please click here.
- To provide dinner, please click here.
- To provide laundry for our guests, please click here.
Thank you for volunteering!
Beginning this year, one of the Disciple classes will make sure the RITI space and inventory is well organized and welcoming. The class will provide all new pillows, pillow protectors, bedding and towels. In addition to organizing the inventory of t-shirts, socks, etc, they will resupply the stock each week as the congregation responds to specific needs. To prepare for our first guests in November, the following items are requested:
T-Shirts - sizes L, XL, and XXL
Boxers or Boxer briefs - sizes L, XL, XXL
Black tall socks
Please bring these items to the bin beside the information desk at the Mayfair entrance.
|Sunday School||9:45 AM|